Our system tracks and traces materials and products using the blockchain database to store information gathered from all the users that take part in the food production chain. This is the final output of a six year-long R&D activity carried out by us with the aim of creating a re-engineered blockchain-based fully integrated platform and ecosystem, enabling tracing, tracking and anti-counterfeiting capabilities into legacy business suites. The solution ensures leading-edge data management and data storage standards.
Today the market demands and our technology answers "yes" to:
- improving data-user interaction;
- enabling product search and comparison beyond pure cost criteria;
- ensuring food quality, guaranteeing food safety, reducing food waste;
- fighting counterfeiting and parallel market of fake products;
- enabling affordable and efficient control over opaque supply-chains and unaccountable sourcing;
- measuring effectiveness of marketing investments.
Technology Features, Specifications and Advantages
All information within the production chain is monitored and is made available via web and mobile without having to rely on high-maintenance implementations of the internal information system. The information is secured into univocal digital codes which are associated with the single elements of an object, turning ordinary labelling of items into smart labelling. Smart labelling can be implemented by storing codes into physical tags such as: QR Codes, NFC tags, RFID tags. Digital information can be stored in different forms and with no limitation on size (images, documents, videos etc…). Once registered, data cannot be altered or deleted retrospectively. The information can be made public, restricted to a few or hidden to all to the actors by accessing the platform via web and/or the mobile App.
Why we do this?
- To help companies in the agribusiness to follow the journey of their products from origin to consumption.
- To improve the efficiency of a company by providing them all the tools needed for an optimal quality control of internal and logistic procedures.
- To offer companies a powerful and innovative marketing tool to promote their products, and communicating reliability, transparency and quality to customers.
We currently address this technology to companies that work in the agriculture industry, but our goal is to support the development of any supply chain to become a smart and interactive supply chain, improving its way of managing data.
Evidence shows that:
- 79% of organizations with superior supply chain capabilities ("supply chain leaders") achieve revenue growth that is significantly above average;
- 96% of Supply Chain leaders identify innovation as "extremely important" for the growth (vs. 65% of followers);
- 75% of leaders utilize optimization software (vs. 34% of followers), visualization software (67% vs. 28%), mobile technologies (75% vs. 30%), and radio frequency identification tags (65% vs. 27%);
- roughly 50% of Supply Chain leaders own all of the six "links" frequently associated with supply chain management – product development, demand planning, supply planning, sourcing & procurement, manufacturing, and logistics & distribution (connected and interactive organizations);
- 41.6% of the certified food & beverage companies interviewed forecast an increase in sales for 2016-2019, 84% say that certification improved business reputation and increased product value perception by consumers, 80% of sample identified certification as a way to increase security and control over company products, 62% think it provides better customer relationship management and 58% are confident that it will contribute to a growth in sales.
Advantages of monitoring and tracking internal information with our technology:
- increased efficiency of the production system;
- possibility for each user to hide confidential information to the rest of production chain;
- easy quality control implementation;
- increased control measures on production.
Advantages of monitoring and tracking external information with our technology:
- differentiation of products and creation of added value due to high quality & security levels;
- improved management of the distribution chain;
- improved identification of non-compliant items.
Advantages of traceability:
- transparency of the products to the end customer;
- customized implementation of marketing and brand policies by promoting the unique features of the product;
- perception of ethical behaviour of the company by the consumer;
- rationalization of the logistical procedures;
- customer loyalty.