The innovative sensor platform is a user friendly system for cost-effective analysis of contaminants in various matrices for both lab and field applications. The sensor platform provides rapid on the spot analysis for a range of contaminants, is extremely simple to use and suitable for lab and field use by non-specialist personnel. Test results are available in 2 minutes, and a total test cycle (including regeneration and buffer) takes only 6 minutes. Whether it is the detection of pesticides in drinking water, algal toxins in bathing water, mycotoxins in agricultural crops or antibiotics residues in milk, the sensor quickly provides you with the necessary accurate and detailed information on presence and concentration of the contaminants of concern. By performing multiple tests in parallel considerable time savings can be achieved. With the sensor platform the user can perform up to 8 tests in parallel. A single cartridge of the sensor system is small and easy to carry around (almost handheld).
The sensor technology allows on-the-spot analyses for the highest-priority contaminants. It delivers sensitive and selective measurement from the lab into field. It is highly suitable for wide range of applications, can be reconfigured by changing loaded cartridges.
The company is looking for customers for its unique and awarded water monitoring solutions, and for distribution partners to help develop the market for its products further. In addition, the company is seeking collaborations with companies that develop antibodies and other receptors. The sensor platform can offer an attractive platform to apply their receptors.
Technology Features, Specifications and Advantages
The innovative sensor platform is an optical biosensor system that uses bio-receptors to detect specific targets in samples. The system consists of a base station and replaceable test cartridges. Each cartridge contains an optical chip that is functionalised with an analyte-specific coating. The combination of specific coatings and bio-receptors gives the sensor its high selectivity and ppb level sensitivity. Up to 8 cartridges can be docked into the base station, allowing parallel testing of multiple samples and/or for multiple analytes. By changing cartridges, the system can quickly and easily be (re)configured to measure different types of analytes and various applications.
This sensor platform provides an attractive alternative to ELISA, an established method using bio-receptors. It is significantly faster than ELISA, much easier to use, more reliable (less protocol steps) and cheaper to operate (lower costs per test).
- High quality results
- Results available in minutes instead of hours or days
- Results available on-site
- Easy to operate
- Reduces cost per analysis
- Optical label free biosensor using antibodies & aptamers for selective and sensitive capture of targets
- Parallel testing of up to 8 targets and/or samples
- Can be operated by non-specialist personnel
- Docking station with easily exchangeable measurement cartridges
- Portable system (compact size, battery powered)
- One cartridge for each analyte.
- Cartridges can be reused for 100+ analyses
- Simple sample pre-treatment
The sensor platform can be used in various matrices, including drinking water, surface water, wastewater or food samples. Typical applications are:
- Pesticides and pharmaceuticals in wastewater and water sources
- Environmental contaminants in ground water and surface water
- Toxic substances in drinking water (water security)
- Algal toxins in surface waters and drinking water
- Mycotoxins (food safety)
- Halal testing of food or water