The transparent super gas barrier film is an outcome of nanotechnology, precision coating and film forming technologies fostered over the years by FUJIFILM in the photographic film development. The super gas barrier film has an organic / inorganic multilayer structure that prevents infiltration of gases (e.g. O2) and water. It has a high water vapour barrier performance of 10-6 g/m2 which is almost equivalent to that of glass. It is therefore perfect for the prevention of degradation of organic materials. The film is also transparent like glass but unlike glass, it is flexible, making it possible for many other applications.
Technology Features, Specifications and Advantages
- The gas barrier property is similar to glass.
- The film is transparent despite its organic / inorganic multilayer structure
- The film is also flexible and resists crack formation even when bent over small 10 mm diameter, 1,000,000 times
- It has good resistance to heat and humidity while maintaining gas barrier property
- Prevention of material oxidation and moisture attack
- Prevention of degradation / corrosion of sensitive materials (e.g. drugs, food, electronics, chemicals)
- For long term storage of perishable materials
- May be used for smell control or odour trapping
- Flexibility of film allows easy packaging design
Application of FUJIFILM nano-lamination technology in other industrial products can also be explored.
FUJIFILM's super gas barrier film is durable and able to withstand heat and high humidity without lost of gas barrier performance. FUJIFILM is able to carry out mass production of the super gas barrier film with consistent quality.